Malaysia's creative economy is estimated to account for between 3% to 15% of global GDP. The creative industry sector encompasses several key areas, including music, performing arts, visual arts, museums and archives, literature and publishing, crafts, design and fashion, film broadcasting, and digital content.
As a creative professional, balancing creativity across multiple projects can be challenging, but task management can help alleviate that stress. Having a clear strategy and a dependable method is essential for managing several projects that are hectic and complicated.
Tracking your creative workflow and meeting your deadlines requires being organised while coming up with new and fresh ideas requires staying inspired. Creative project management helps you stay on top of tasks and your creative workflow.
Let's take a closer look at how you can maximise free task management software for your daily creative workflow.
Benefits of Task Management for Creatives
Task management tools, known as project management will relieve you of the burden of keeping track of everything, giving you the space and freedom to focus on your creative work and get those inspirational juices flowing.
Here are some of the specific benefits of creative project management:
1. Maintain Organised
Online project management simplifies task tracking for creative professionals. The tools provide a clear task list, minimising stress and helping them stay organised.
Creative project management is especially beneficial for creatives who handle multiple projects, as tasks can be easily added, edited, and deleted.
2. Stay Inspired
When you find yourself in a creative slump, you might need to take a break and evaluate your overall progress, both in terms of your current project and your creative workflow as a whole. By doing this, you will identify areas where you might need to focus more attention or make changes.
Breaking your work down into smaller, manageable tasks and tracking your progress as you complete them will allow you to see how far you have come and give you a sense of accomplishment along the way.
3. Interaction with Others
If you are working on a team project involving creative work, online project management is a great way to improve collaboration with your team members. By moving your project management online, you can eliminate the communication barriers that often arise when working remotely.
Online collaboration tools such as task management allow all team members to stay updated on changes, avoiding miscommunications that can lead to mistakes or delays.
Task management tools also offer a range of features to help manage and track your creative team's progress more easily, such as task assignments, timelines, and performance metrics.
4. Simplify Creative Workflow
Managing creative projects entails more than just keeping track of deadlines and to-do lists. Creative project management also aids in streamlining your creative workflow.
Your creative projects will be easily managed from start to finish such as online collaboration tools with file sharing and project tracking. Everyone will be on the same page and eliminate communication errors that can hinder your workflow.
Tips for Creative Project Management
Before selecting the best free task management software, you should consider several factors. The following are some aspects to take into account when choosing an online task management tool:
- Features that fit your need: The features that are most significant to you will differ according to your particular needs. Creating tasks, establishing deadlines, assigning work to team members, and measuring progress are some features to explore from the free task management software.
- Easy to use: The task management tool that is difficult to use can be a major source of frustration and can even lead to decreased productivity. Therefore, the tool should be easy to use and navigate. You don't want to spend hours trying to figure out how to use it.
- Affordable price: Free tools typically offer basic features, such as task lists and due dates. Paid tools, on the other hand, offer more advanced features like project management, collaboration, and reporting. The price of a tool should be based on the user’s needs. If you only require a basic task list, a free tool may be sufficient.
VirtualSpace for Creative Teams
You can choose VirtualSpace for free task management software. Creatives can use VirtualSpace to manage their projects from start to finish. They can create tasks, assign them to team members, set due dates, and track progress.
VirtualSpace also allows creatives to communicate with team members, share files, and collaborate on projects:
- Task management: Create and manage tasks for labelling, assign them to team members, set due dates, and track progress.
- File sharing: Share files with team members and collaborate on creative projects.
- Communication: Chat with team members, leave comments on tasks, and send emails.
- Timelines: Visualise your creative project timeline and track progress.
Try VirtualSpace today and see how it can help you take your creative projects to the next level!