Human Resources Management (HRM) tools and platforms allow companies to streamline how they handle their workforce and procedures. If you run the HR department at your company, you have a lot to juggle at once. And having a top-rated Human Resource Management tool can simplify your job much easier.
One of the most effective ways to establish a solid business foundation is by investing in HRM tools. These tools support the HR team and some employees to succeed daily. It could be availability, updating progress, and also taking leave. HRM tool is a solution to centralise and manage a company’s HR tasks and processes. It seeks to increase efficiency in collecting data, payroll, monitoring, digitalisation and shortening the onboarding process.
According to Yellow.ai, 87% of workers believe integrating new HR tools into workplace technology is a crucial priority. 64% believe their business will fall behind if technology is not fully integrated.
We all know that companies have different needs in the HR department. So, keep reading to learn more and discover the perfect HR tools for your company.
Common HR Challenges
Technology almost simplifies everything. HR processes that were once time-consuming and labour-intensive are now more accessible, thanks to technology. However, every technology comes with its own set of challenges.
- Inaccurate data and poor reporting due to unintegrated HR systems.
- Over-dependence on IT support and need for more technical expertise.
- Lack of scalability on HR systems.
- Outdated systems without real-time compliance regulation.
- Inability to monitor the financial status of long-term employees.
Those tools and platforms will slow down the processes when companies can't handle the challenges. Based on The HR Director, among HR who use multiple platforms, 25% admit that this causes frustration in employees. 24% say that multiple tools slow down the process.
Benefits of Using HR Management Tools and Platforms
The majority of HR professionals experience the same situation. They are overwhelmed with documentation and managerial responsibilities and have no time to focus on employees. HR tools provide several benefits that can streamline the work of the HR department:
1. Lower recruitment costs
An Efficient recruitment strategy lowers costs for recruitment and saves budget in the long run.
2. Rising employee productivity
HR management tools can have a significant impact on employee productivity. These tools can help streamline HR processes, freeing up time for the HR department to focus on more strategic tasks. By automating time-consuming administrative tasks, HR professionals can focus on developing and implementing programs that enhance employee engagement, development, and retention.
3. Better quality management
HRM tools and platforms simplify hundreds or even thousands of employee data. With one click, the platform can sort hundreds of data into neat rows according to filters.
4. Reducing employee turnover
The HRM system also has an impact on the quality of recruited employees. When a company successfully recruits people with professional qualities and skills, it creates a healthy environment. Employees who fit the company culture will survive and minimise turnover.
Key Features of HR Management Tools
Each platform has a variety of specific features and capabilities. Remember that you need a solution to the company's problems. A well-known product does not guarantee meeting the company's needs. The following are the key features that the HR platform must own:
1. Onboarding feature
The onboarding feature provides a smooth and efficient experience for new employees. With this feature, new hires can quickly get up to speed with the company's policies, procedures, and culture. They can access all the necessary information and resources they need to become productive members of the team.
Moreover, the onboarding feature can help to reduce the time and effort required for HR and managers to onboard new employees. This feature can automate many of the administrative tasks associated with onboarding, such as setting up new accounts, assigning tasks, and tracking progress.
2. Payroll feature
Include a configurable application that integrates with the company's payroll model. This feature gives employees a sense of security, ensuring they receive payments on time.
3. Performance monitoring
The system can monitor employee performance and engagement metrics by leveraging tracking technology. Some designs allow employees to set this feature themselves, providing some privacy.
4. Report and Review
This feature can be an asset overview, performance report or employee attendance. Some systems also provide a request attendance feature if employees forget to check-in.
Almost all management applications have cloud features. You can access it anywhere using any gadget. A third party stores the employee database, so it doesn't burden the system.
6. Security system
The employee database is crucial because it contains identity, account number, address and other personal data. The system must incorporate security features and ensure that data is secure.
Top 5 HR Management Tools and Platforms
1. Zoho People
Zoho People can manage and organise employee data in one place. It is designed for small and medium-sized companies, but some large companies also use it. Zoho People is a cloud-based HR management software that helps you track leave, overtime, forms, and administrative tasks.
- Automation: The recruitment and onboarding process becomes faster and more efficient. Zoho People automates all these tasks with its features.
- Data maintenance: Zoho People can store data and notes neatly. This application has a filter system to make it easier to find data. Moreover, the system is highly secure and can be accessed at any time.
- Easy to use: Zoho People doesn't have many burdensome features, which makes it easy to use.
One project management tool that can also be used as a simple HRM system is VirtualSpace. You can update jobs, online scheduling systems and even chat with co-workers. It fits companies with a small scale and requires a simple HR system.
- Availability: You can monitor online team members through the availability feature. You can also create an availability list containing the hours you are online. This feature is entirely under the user's control so that the user can maximise its use.
- Automatic scheduling system: VirtualSpace is equipped with a calendar that facilitates automatically creating events. Invite the team to join by tagging their account, and the invite will be sent automatically.
- Cloud-based: The amount of data in the system does not affect the course of VirtualSpace. You can access it anywhere and from any device, such as a cellphone, computer or laptop.
- Easy to use: Virtual Spaces features are incomplete, but they suit the needs of companies that have just started using systems in the HR department.
3. Bamboo HR
Bambo HR is an all-in-one platform solution that helps HRM improve the employee experience. To recruit, pay, integrate and grow, Bamboo HR provides all digital tools for small to large companies.
The Bamboo HR system is complex and complete, making it suitable for companies of all sizes. Employee data is stored in a secure database.
- Onboarding and offboarding automation: Bamboo HR has a system that facilitates onboarding new employees. Everything needed in the employee introduction process is in Bamboo HR.
- Instant and customised HR reporting: You can customise reports according to company needs.
- Automation and tracking of approvals on workflows: Users don't need to approve manually. Bamboo HR provides an auto-approval option.
4. Workday HCM
Workday HCM is a single tool that takes care of all the management around HRMS. You can control the company's internal work in this one system. So in one open application, you can perform many functions.
- Payroll: Workday HCM offers payroll systems for specific countries, such as the UK, France and Canada.
- Talent Management: this is a feature that includes orientation and career planning for employees. It lets employees access messages, videos, and more from a single dashboard.
- Learning Management System: Another strength of Workday HCM is the learning management system. This feature helps users convey material related to training.
SuccessFactors is an HRM platform connected to SAP solutions. The features offer extensive customisation, integration and analytics.
- SAP-integrated solution: SuccessFactors can easily connect with the SAP ecosystem.
- Easy to customise: one of the superior features of the HRM platform is the ease of customization. That indicates that the user can adjust to the needs.
- Work management: offers a review for annual comparisons of employee performance.
In conclusion, HR management tools are essential for modern businesses to effectively manage their workforce. The right tools and platforms can improve the HR department's efficiency and streamline many time-consuming administrative tasks. By automating these processes, HR professionals can focus on higher-value tasks such as employee engagement, talent development, and strategic planning. This, in turn, can lead to a more productive and engaged workforce, resulting in improved business outcomes.
By choosing the right tool for your organisation, you can streamline your HR processes, increase productivity, and promote employee engagement. If you're looking for tools to optimise your HR management practices, VirtualSpace suits your needs. Download now!