The use of project management tools is certainly very important to increase productivity. According to Forbes, project management tools can make it easier to plan projects, divide tasks, and organise all team members to meet deadlines and goals.
But with the wide variety of project management tools today, many people need clarification about what to choose. Also, every project management tool is certainly different. Some have full features, such as planning, scheduling, and tracking, and some don't.
Therefore to help you choose the best project management tool, we will compare some of the leading project management tools. So, let's get started.
4 Best Project Management Tools
VirtualSpace is an all-in-one project management platform designed to revolutionise remote collaboration. Project Management using VirtualSpace offers comprehensive features that allow you and your team a barrier-free virtual environment to connect, communicate, and collaborate effectively.
- Chat: VirtualSpace offers a chat feature that enables real-time messaging and conversations. You can communicate with your team from anywhere to discuss, share ideas, or make small talk.
- Project Board: Project Management Tool using VirtualSpace lets you organise and manage all your work in one place and adhere to deadlines so you can complete all your work.
- Tasks: VirtualSpace offers task management features that help you stay on top of your to-do list. You can create, set and track predetermined deadlines and monitor progress within the platform.
- Notes: VirtualSpace also provides a handy note-taking feature that lets you jot down important information or ideas.
- Channels: The VirtualSpace channels feature provides dedicated rooms for specific topics or teams.
- Integrated: This feature allows you to connect with other relevant applications or software, enabling a smooth flow of information between different systems, such as Gmail, Google Drive, Dropbox, Zoom, and so on. This feature allows you.
VirtualSpace offers three options for businesses of all sizes. Here are the details:
- Free: Unlimited members
- Pro: $15.0/month per user. Annual plans receive discounts of up to 20%.
- Pro Unlimited: $299.0/month for unlimited users. Yearly plans receive discounts of up to 20%.
- Has complete features, one of which is chat and channel features making it easier for the team to communicate
- The UI display is simple so that new users can easily use it.
- Competitive price with full features offered.
- There is no form feature to make filling out surveys or feedback easier.
Jira is one of Atlassian's popular project management tools that offers an agile project management solution and can strengthen collaboration within teams. Jira can help teams plan, assign, track, report, and manage work and unify groups for everything from software development to customer support for startups or enterprises.
- Task Assignment: Jira has a task assignment feature complemented by a display of the executed workflow interface.
- Scrum and Kanban Boards: This feature facilitates all team members to brainstorm using the Scrum and Kanban methods.
- Roadmaps: This feature will make team members more focused on what they are doing.
- Customization: This feature allows users to customise emojis, thus making the tasks or messages between team members better.
- Issue Tracker: This feature allows users to find and sort issues automatically, making resolving them easier.
- Connectivity with other applications: With this feature, tasks assigned to Jira can be more intuitive and easier to access various other applications.
- Reporting: The reporting feature in Jira is designed to be attractive and easy to use, making it easier for stakeholders to find out the results and make it easier for them to formulate future policies.
Jira provides a free plan, the Standard plan is available for $7.75 per user per month when billed monthly, and the premium goal is $15.25 per user per month.
- Has agile work management, making complex project work easier.
- Integrates with many other tools, such as Gifhub, Salesforce, Outlook, and others.
- Has easier and more good DevOps visibility.
- Easy to provide reports and insights to all team members.
- The first-time setup could be easier for new users.
- Does not have direct communication features.
- Limited project management.
- Usage in website format is quite slow.
- Prices are less competitive.
Quoted from Simplilearn, Asana is a project management tool that facilitates teams to organise, collaborate, and execute work more easily and efficiently. This tool will make it easier for project managers to divide tasks between teams and manage project schedules.
- Timeline: Asana has a timeline feature that makes it easier for you to map project designs, and you can adjust it to the project management method you normally use.
- Portfolio: This feature makes organising and tracking all your team's projects easy on one page.
- Workload: With this feature, you can manage your team's workload in real-time. You will get an idea of each person's work capacity.
- Integration: Asana is integrated with multiple platforms, such as Gmail, Google Drive, Dropbox, Google Sheets, and others.
Pricing options include Basic for free, Premium for $13.49 per user per month when billed monthly, and Business available for $30.49 per user per month when billed monthly.
- Asana has an attractive UI.
- Integrated with various platforms.
- Has a calendar feature that can easily synchronise all tasks.
- There is no time-tracking feature, so additional extensions are needed if needed.
- There are no direct communication features such as chat or channels.
- One Task can only be assigned to one person.
- Potentially slow to operate if many tasks are assigned.
- Haven't been able to keep track of tasks with the same deadline.
Monday.com allows you to collaborate effectively with all team members and departments to gain visibility that supports smooth work running.
By using Monday.com, you can do work management, from planning and executing to monitoring the project's progress.
- Dashboard: This feature will later be useful to give you insight into each project. You can monitor and track progress, schedules, and project budgets.
- Integration: You can integrate your Monday.com account with favourite tools like Outlook, Slack, Zoom, Gmail, etc.
- Automation: You can set the automation process according to work needs so that you become more efficient and focus on important work.
- Gantt Charts: This feature will make it easier for you to track project progress and deadlines so that it helps ensure projects can be completed on time.
- Kanban: You can use this feature as a work instruction tool to manage workflow, communication flow, and achievements for each team and collaborate with all interested groups.
- Forms: Monday.com provides form features that can be made according to project needs.
Monday.com provides a wide range of pricing options to suit different needs. Their Basic plan is available for $25 per month when billed annually.
- Monday.com has an intuitive and user-friendly user interface.
- Teams can easily collaborate on many details in one central location.
- Can perform task management in multiple views, such as Kanban boards and spreadsheets.
- Needs more functionality in doing more complex project management.
- Have limited reporting capabilities, so you must create status reports to track project progress.
- There are no direct communication features such as chat or channels.
When selecting a project management tool, it's important to consider factors such as the complexity of your project, team size, ease of use, required features, and budget.
Each tool has advantages and disadvantages, so evaluating it based on your needs will help you make an informed decision.
If you are looking for a project management tool, we recommend you try a project management tool using VirtualSpace. It is an all-in-one platform that helps you to simplify your work and life. Download VirtualSpace to feel these experiences.